Monday, July 1, 2013

thin ice.

alright, it is nearly the end of the 1st day of dry july. and i think i have figured out my problem. i hate the bitch. I HATE HER. and i slightly hate him but not as much. they have moved in together - it's been like 5 months? what?
ANYWAY to try and heal the pain - and to make up to my mother cos i've been yelling at her all day (doing that thing where you push all your anger onto someone who completely doesn't deserve it) - I MADE CORN FRITTERS. Highlight of my life. Unfortunately my family were not as excited as me so I just had to praise myself. "Gosh this is freakin' amazing" "You should make money off these fuckers" "Stop swearing, the corn fritters are getting embarrassed"
So I got the recipe for the fritters off St Ali's webpage. St Ali is this crazy cool cafe in South Melbourne in a big warehouse down a hidden alleyway. It's pretty dope. And their corn fritters recipe is pretty dope too. Check the official one out here. Otherwise you can keep reading and I will tell you how I did it.
INGREDIENTZ:
1 cup of CORN KERNELLZ
1 cup of PUREED CORN (I just used corn kernells from a can and pureed them in my processor)
1 clove of GARLIC
Handful of MINT, FLAT LEAF PARSLEY and CORIANDER
1 tsp CHILLI FLAKES
2 EGGZ
Pinch of SALT and PEPPER
1 cup PLAIN FLOUR (+ you might need more depending on how sticky your batter is)
1 tsp BAKING POWDER
1 tsp BI CARB SODA
1 tsp CASTER SUGAR
 OIL for FRYING.
METHOD:
1. Sift all DRY INGREDIENTZ into bowl.
2. Mix all WET INGREDIENTZ in another bowl.
3. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients slowly. Assess whether you need to add more flour. The batter should be dry enough to work with but still sticky enough to have a moist end result.
4. Heat OIL in frying pan (about 1cm deep) and spoon batter to fry. Cook for about 2-3 mins on each side and flatten as cooking.
SERVE:
I served mine with bacon and a poached egg. I'm no pro at poaching eggs but I am happy with how mine tastes. If you are not confident enough to poach then you could just fry it. OR you could just eat the fritters by themselves. OR with avocado and tomato. OR google other options cos I'm fresh out! ENJOY!!!!! 

eph xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment